42233

Wednesday 29 June 2011

McLuhan

I was really a rough time understanding HIM!
"McLuhan"
I was like who the hell was him and why is him related to media.

So i did some research on youtube and google it.
Then, i only understand why.
He came out of the sentence:
"Medium was the message".
It gave me a rough idea on what is it all about.
In his thoughts, he thinks that no matter what form of medium that you using,
it could be one of the message. 

For example, couple use clothes to send the message to be others that they are in LOVE
or
In A RELATIONSHIP.

The designer break the word soul mate into two shirt so when the couple stands together,
the word combines and make sense.
Cool right? XD


This is another one which the couple needs to stand beside to show the connection
between both shirt which is a shoe lace which tied together as one.
<3333

Another example that i can think of was a song name Pray sang by Justin bieber.




This song is all about praying for the poor, for the unfortunate people, disable people and etc. 
The lyrics are all positive and sending message to a lot of people that we should help those 
people because some of them cant even effort to have a proper meal.
Every time i listen to this song, 
it will touch my heart so much because I'm leaving in a family
which provides me love, school, food and all but sometime i will feel not enough.
But this song wakes me up every time.

I think from McLuhan point of view, i can say that his trying to say that message comes from anywhere.
It does not mean that radio, TV and internet only can share message,
but medium that is all around us.

Thanks to him. I get to understand more. <333




No comments:

Post a Comment